Monday 21 April 2014

Mini Primark Jewellery Haul

Primark is undoubtedly the Marmite of retail - people love it, people despise it. I sit in the middle somewhere, liking a lot of the products but hating the cheap feel or the missing 'edge' to a piece. However every so often they do have absolute gems that crop up, and a lot of the time this is jewellery.

Chain link necklace, £4

I got this slightly chunky chain necklace to start with as it's the kind of thing you can literally wear with any outfit! I still like wearing these kind of necklaces under collars (is everyone over that now? Can't tell if I care..) or with plainer items that just need a little bit extra.

Gold plate necklace, £4

This one isn't normally my style but I had been looking for a plain 'statement' necklace as such - something not too dramatic but definitely not a dainty little piece. I've realised lately that my style is literally black/white/grey/denim/leather. And thats it. So when I'm wearing my black high waisted jeans with a white top (yet again) I thought I could jazz things up a little bit with this. It just adds something extra to an otherwise very plain outfit.

Multi ring pack, £2.50

Excuse the missing rings on the right, I've already worn those ones! I love this little pack - its a mixture of thin/thick gold rings, and a few thick gold rings with a cutout piece in the middle. I think there's actually 12 rings overall in this pack which for £2.50 is ridiculously good. I love wearing rings as I think they really finish a look - little details like this always make such an impact. The only thing I would say is make sure to paint them with clear nail varnish to stop the gold from rubbing off as quickly, and to stop you getting green fingers!





2 comments :

  1. You can definitely find good jewellery in Primark if you look around! I love the Gold Plate Necklace!

    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I think as long as you're sensible and don't go overboard then you can find some really good pieces! I've already worn the chain link one so many times! xx

      Delete