Friday 8 August 2014

Yves Saint Laurent 'Shocking' Mascara Review

I cannot believe that considering how much I love this mascara, I haven't reviewed it before. This is one of those products that from the moment I first put it on, I was in love with it. In case you can't tell, this is a pretty positive review. 


I've repurchased this a few times now in between daily use of everyone's favourite Maybelline Falsies, and every time I come back to it, it's a bit like coming home. At £23 a tube, (depending where you buy) it's not cheap but I think it's worth every penny. What makes this mascara different for me is the formula - the only way I can describe it is like a kind of gel texture. It sets quite quickly on your lashes so you do have to beware clumping by applying coats too quickly - a mistake I've made many days when I'm rushing to work!

Sorry for unruly brows! Late night blogging...

As you can see, two coats goes a long way. I don't have the most defined of lashes as it is so I need all the help I can get! I just love the framing that this mascara achieves - it's not 'false lash' excessive but it's definitely wow. I feel comfortable wearing this without eyeliner which is a biiiiig thing for me too! 

The only drawback I will say is that sadly this mascara dries out reasonably quickly. This isn't necessarily a problem for me because when this is in my stash I wear it every day and use it all up! But if you bought this just for special occasions or as a treat then it's not one you can keep a hold of and only use every so often. 

I still wholeheartedly recommend this mascara 10000%. Buy it. It will change your life and your lashes!





No comments :

Post a Comment